January 7, 2010

Can You Hear Me Now?

So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance. And He Who searches the hearts of men knows what is in the mind of the [Holy] Spirit [what His intent is], because the Spirit intercedes and pleads [before God] in behalf of the saints according to and in harmony with God's will. (Romans 8:26-27, Amplified Bible)

So for the last few days when my CD stops and I realize that I have to get up off the couch (and today I had to push away my warm, cuddly, purring cat--so sad) I've had a thought that leads me to look up a passage in the Bible. And today was no different, except that it was such a non-sequiter. "God has the best service." And not like God serves us (not to say that He doesn't, that's just not what the thought was). Really honestly I thought about God compared to cell-phone coverage.

Yup.

But God is pretty cool in that He will actually make sense when you think about it for a minute. Because we spend so much time and money trying to find the best phone and the best carrier so that we never drop our calls or lose our text messages or have uninterrupted streaming of our favorite TV show. But most important is that we never drop our calls. Because we've got something to say, and we need the person on the other end of the phone to be able to hear us, crystal clear, so that they can understand whatever it is that we need to communicate.

So, God's kinda like the best service provider ever. You can seek him any time, any place, in any situation. You can whisper to him in the middle of a crowd, and He will hear you loud and clear. In fact, like Romans 8 says, there are times that you don't even know what to say, and the Holy Spirit (which lives in us and knows our hearts and our innermost thoughts) will not only pray on our behalf but will groan. This is taking it to the most elemental, isn't it? We're saying that God the Holy Spirit will speak to God the Father on our behalf in unutterable moans because that is the most eloquent we can get in our pain, and God the Father knows exactly what we want, exactly what we need, and what He will do to meet that need.

So next time you are praying, or the next time you want to reach out to God but you don't even know what to say, remembr that God has the best coverage, ever. He can see into the depths of you, and He knows what you need before you can even put it into words. Yes, He can hear you now.

Thank you God that you are able to hear and meet my needs even when I may not know what they are. I praise you for your willingness to seek out our innermost thoughts instead of forcing us to put them into words. I pray today Lord that you would help me to hear cries of other people's hearts, so that I might in some way bring light into their situations, according to Your good and perfect Will. And I ask Lord, knowing that you have already catalogued my desires, that you would grant me rest and peace and strength, and the ability to keep on keeping on.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you found a Moment of Majesty today, please share it here.