January 14, 2010

But I Am Weary

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:6)

Let me tell you, I am weary. This whole giving up an hour of sleep thing is brutal. Even though yes I do doze through worship music, I am getting myself out of REM sleep to do so. And it's all pretty aggregate with the fact that I'm not getting to bed before midnight.

I was allowing myself to complain to my pastor yesterday, about how I just can't fit everything I want to do into my days. I personally hate thinking that way, because my next thought is always that I'm given the same 24 hours as everyone else, and look at what people with children/two jobs/more responsibilities have to do. But is it right for me to be tired so much? And yet, is it necessary that I give up the things I like to do (write) in order to simply go to sleep? Because that would take some of the joy out of life.

So I write today not with a big positive post, because I simply do not feel it. I know the promise of God, if I am doing right it will bear fruit at the proper time. I guess I'm just stuck wondering when the proper time is, and how many more days I have to go without adequate sleep until then, or what I have to give up in order to get a load of laundry done.

Please Lord let this just be an effect of the fast. Let time telescope back to normal. And soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you found a Moment of Majesty today, please share it here.