February 3, 2010

Verse of the Day

But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. (Psalm 59:16)

So usually every morning when I do this blog, I go to biblegateway.com and do a search for a particular word or phrase. The website has a verse of the day function, but I rarely even look at it, particularly because it seems like all the cliche, evangelistic verses are put there. Which makes sense but doesn't always speak to what I'm looking for.

But today I didn't really know what to look for, and I looked at the verse of the day and thought "you know, I don't sing of God's strength enough, and I certainly don't walk around my apartment every morning singing of God's love." Ironically this is part of the reason I started the whole blog in the first place--to spend time worshipping God. I think I have not quite figured that part out yet and have focused on the Bible study part.

So I'm going to try something fairly radical--I will just praise God for a few minutes:

God you are good. Your mercies endure forever. No matter how often we turn from you, you are always waiting for us to turn back. You help me to see the path before me and you give me comfort when the path is hidden. You have prepared a place in heaven for me that is mine, and you just want me to live out your will for the rest of my years, so I may expand your kingdom here on earth first. You know the cries of my heart and even when I cannot put them into words you answer my prayers. You provide for me and you protect me. You send angels to guard my steps and protect my house. You speak words of wisdom into my heart for myself and for others. You give me inspiration and you gave me the gift of creativity. All that I have done of note comes from you. You are the reason that I breathe, that I exist, and you chose me specifically for your kingdom. You sent your only son to die for the sins I haven't yet committed. You gave us free will, knowing the pain you would endure. You are bigger, better and more beautiful than I can even imagine. You ARE.

Thank you God, for being You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you found a Moment of Majesty today, please share it here.