February 12, 2010

Press On

Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth. (Hosea 6:3)

I think I look for Bible verses about perseverance when I am tired. Today I am tired. My fault--I stayed up late. But I look to the plans I have for my class tonight--5 hours of video and taking notes for class--and I am tired.

But there are times of being tired when it is not my "fault," times when the world seems to rise up and take all of my energy, times when I'll set down one problem only to have another one crop up in its place.

And this is where today's verse comes in. My post today isn't long and eloquent because I feel that the verse really says it all: Press on to acknowledge the Lord, even when we are tired/lonely/afraid/tempted... if we but continue to seek Him and proclaim His glory, it is an absolute fact that He will come into our lives with power and grace. Let it be so, Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you found a Moment of Majesty today, please share it here.