February 2, 2010

Show Me Your Faith

But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. (James 2:18)
 
Did you know that the most proliferate philanthropists on earth can still go to Hell?
 
ooooooohhh, that's a charged sentence.
 
But it's true. It's not what we do, it's what we believe that matters when it comes to heaven. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, believe that He is your salvation and welcome him into your heart, and voila... you've got the golden ticket.
 
Then what?
 
Then you sit on the couch and wait for Jesus.
 
No?
 
Ok, how about singing in the choir at church every week and organizing bake sales?
 
Well, that's closer.
 
There's a reason that God doesn't take us away the moment we accept Him.
 
What about the other 6 billion people on the planet? Who will speak of God's truth to them if we are not here?
 
So, while the Golden Ticket is purchased through our belief, we must put that belief to work for the rest of our lives. If you believe that Jesus came to heal the sick and save the lost, then you must continue His works. He gave us the authority to cast out demons. He said that we would do greater things than he did. But it means that we have to step up and actually do things. Because if we continue to live for ourselves alone, what type of faith do we really have in the One who died on a cross and was separated from his heavenly Father, all for things he himself did not do?
 
And, oh yes, it might hurt.
 
But can you imagine, when you reach the footstool of God's throne, how insanely cool it will be for him to look at all the things you did that survived the fire of judgement and say "Well done, my good and faithful servant."
 
I certainly hope that I can build myself a bigger pile in the years I have left.
 
Lord, help me to work out my faith, not for riches or glory but because it is what you did while you were on earth. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you found a Moment of Majesty today, please share it here.